Frances Schiltz MD
is honored with a Brick from Katherine Pennington, M.D.
Frances Schiltz started her medical practice in Wichita in 1933 and continued to practice until 1988. She was one of the first woman doctors to practice in Wichita. A native Kansan, Dr. Schiltz was the granddaughter of pioneers who came to this state in a covered wagon. She specialized in internal medicine, and was well known as an excellent and very caring doctor. She was active in many community projects and was an enthusiastic supporter of developing a branch of the Kansas University Medical School here. In 1984, she established a lectureship in Humanism in Medicine.
Dr. Schiltz served as Medical Director of the Red Cross from 1958 to 1966. In January 1985, she received the Outstanding Physician Award from the Sedgwick County Medical Society. She is remembered especially for her personal sympathetic concern for patients.
August 31, 1998